"God creates the beauty. My camera and I are a witness." - (Mark Denman)

Monday, March 11, 2013

PHOTO ADDICT

I
"They who dwell in the ends of the earth stand in
awe of Your signs; You make the dawn and the
sunset shout for joy.
" - (Psalm 65:8 NASB)

"What won't a photo addict do to try and capture that one great shot," is the question that kept running through my mind during a recent trip to Franklin Park.

My walking/picture taking partner and I thought it would be a nice day to take pictures of the sunset, and the park would be a good place to do so.  We decided to go a little earlier so we would have time to get in some exercise walking around the pond. 

What we hadn't counted on was that there would be no path around said pond, and that the grass would be all soggy and muddy from the melting snow of a couple of days ago.  It was also much colder and windier than we had anticipated. 

I can't believe I actually trudged through that sloshy mess, and with holes in my sneakers no less.  And I can't believe we kept going despite the howling wind and bone chilling cold, magnified by the fact that we were so inappropriately dressed.


When we were too numb to take another step, we went back to the car and turned the heat up full blast to warm us up before the next leg of our adventure.

We drove around a bit trying to decide where the perfect spot to capture the setting sun would be, and finally decided on a spot in the parking lot at the top of a hill near what appeared to be a gravel path we could walk along to take us even higher. 

Once that had been decided, we wished the sun to hurry up and start its descent before the park closed and we got chased out or locked in.

At what seemed to be the right moment, we got out of the car to start our trek to higher ground, only to discover that the path was but an optical illusion created by the sun's rays reflecting on deep rivulets of water, so we wound up chasing the sun from the parking lot instead.

 















  











That perfect shot still eludes me, but I'm pleased with what I did capture, and the blustery weather did have an exhilarating effect.  I slept very well that night.

No comments: