"God creates the beauty. My camera and I are a witness." - (Mark Denman)

Monday, November 16, 2015

A very long walk

"I can do all things through Christ who
strengthens me." -- (Philippians 4:13)


It was a beautiful Indian summer day, so I decided to walk to my prayer meeting at church.  I think it was only about three and a half miles round trip, but to my back it seemed a lot longer and I had to remind myself of the above verse more than a few times--especially on the way home.




Roses were blooming along the way...

























...and there were bushes full of what looked like little blue berries that I had never noticed before.  They were a much brighter blue than they look in these pictures which really don't do them justice at all.













I stood, for a while, watching the little cups on the top of this contraption as they twirled around in the breeze.  Later I found out it was a weather station.







A tree (in front of the fuller one) had only one big leaf left on it, all the way at its top.  Can you see it?





And then some more bushes with little red berries on them that look like mini pacifiers.  I've never noticed these before either.

Oh what things you miss when you drive instead of walk.

No comments: